Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just One of the Guys by SorceressCirce

Title: Just One of the Guys

Author: SorceressCirce

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4861063/1/Just_One_of_the_Guys

Summary: Scarred by events in her past, Bella relies heavily on her best friend and roommate, Jasper. When Jasper falls in love with a girl named Alice, Bella is excited for him but can’t help but wonder – where will she fit in? Canon pairings, AH/AU, OOC

Rating: M

Readability - 10
Grammar - 10
Humor - 8
Fluffiness/Angst - 9.5 (especially if you read the chapter where Bella explains what happened with James)
Fur-friendly (Jake love scale) – 6
Emo-sensitive (Edward love scale) – 10
Smut – n/a at time of review
Is this story complete? No
Did the reviewer finish reading the story? Up to the latest update (Chapter 27 at the time of review)

*Spoilers Follow*

I love that Bella is a tomboy and plays World of Warcraft. Plus, this is probably one of the first Edward incarnation that I actually liked. "Pinkieward" makes me all kinds of happy, which I think is mainly 'cause I feel like he's good for Bella (pick your jaws up off the floor so I can explain).

In this fic, Bella went through some really terrible things with James and now has trust and intimacy issues when it comes to new guys in her life. She has a group of guy friends that she trusts, but other than that, boys are a no-go. Edward is patient and kind and all-around awesome with Bella and all her issues.

My only complaint is that Jake, a member of that group of Bella's guy friends, had to be an ass when he found out about Edward. And not just a regular ass, but a hugnormous (not sure that's a real word, but whatever) ass, especially since he knew EXACTLY what she went through and how hard she tried to get over it. If I were Bella, I would have cut him out of my life after what he said to her. I'm still holding out hope that he'll redeem himself, but I won't hold my breath because I can't see what he would say that could possibly make up for it. 'I'm sorry' just isn't adequate. He definietly isn't my Jakie.

No comments:

Post a Comment