Thursday, January 21, 2010

Get Me To You by Chicklette

Title: Get Me To You

Author: Chicklette

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5252934/1/Get_Me_to_You
Summary: Pet names and Pop Tarts. Sunday mornings with Etta and Ella. Cibola. Candymouth. You finally realize the truth. What if it's too late? M for drinking, drug use, sex and effing language. ExBxJxAxEm/POV, AH, OOC
Rating: M
Readability - 8
Grammar - 9
Humor - 4
Fluffines/Angst - 8
Fur-friendly (Jake love scale) – N/A
Emo-sensitive (Edward love scale) – 4 at first, but 10 as the story progresses
Smut – 7

Is this story complete? Yes

Did the reviewer finish reading the story? Yes

*Spoilers follow*

So, someone told me this was the best JasxB fic they had ever read, and though I trust their opinion, I doubted I would agree. For starters, I’m not really a canon Jasper fan and then when I read him in fanfic I tend to like him less, so I didn’t expect much when I started reading… I was wrong. It reads like the characters are actually talking to you and it’s just so incredibly sweet and angsty all mixed together. Jasper starts out as the friend and I always root for the friend, but then, this Jasper is just awesome on top of it. It has smutty moments, but it focuses more on the emotions, and tends to read kind of like snapshots of sexy time as opposed to dicks being inserted into twats and the like. You get multiple POVs per chapter and it’s great because even though the POVs are short, you get to see things from multiple points of view.

The fic itself is only 6 chapters, including epilogue, but I love it and I recommend it to anyone. Plus, the music is great :)

Best part? Jake’s not in it at all, so I didn’t have to worry about getting upset about how he was portrayed. It was nice to just sit back and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment