Sunday, March 21, 2010

Forbidden Desire by IslandWoman221

Title: Forbidden Desire

Author: IslandWoman221

Link: http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=7048

Summary: In an alternate all human universe, where society reached modern times with the equivalent to an Ancient Roman appearance and level of technology, sexual pleasure is paramount; the Cullens are a breed apart: sexual vegetarians, if you will.
Bella is an "Innocent" and so off limits for deeper sexual gratification, a role she gladly embraces, taking pleasure only in giving to those around her.
That is until she meets Edward. Suddenly her Father's insistence on her remaining an Innocent and Aro's desires to keep her for himself have become an unwelcome burden to her life. How will Bella and Edward survive their desire to be together when it is forbidden?
This story is a thinly disguised excuse for steamy lemons in the vein of a Roman orgy, yet there is also a deeper story about selfless giving and how love might just be worth waiting for...and fighting for.

Rating: NC-17

Readability - 10
Grammar - 10
Humor - 3
Fluffiness/Angst - 6
Fur-friendly (Jake love scale) – 10
Emo-sensitive (Edward love scale) – 10
Smut – 9

Is this story complete? No

Did the reviewer finish reading the story? Up to the latest update (Chapter 6 at the time of review)

*Spoilers follow*

This story is all kinds of intriguing. I hadn’t read the summary before I read the story so I was completely (but happily) taken by surprise. The Volturi have this thing going on where sex is everywhere (and I mean, EVERYWHERE). The Cullens are philosophers who believe in long term monogamous relationships, but are invited to the Volturi palace by Aro, who definitely has something up his sleeve. The story kinda follows canon, which is cool because the similarities pop up and surprise you in this world that is so different from Forks.

Edward is okay. I don’t wanna shank him, which is nice. In fact, I feel a little bad for him ‘cause the poor boy has the worst case of blue balls ever, which is what, I believe, hinders him when he tries to make good decisions.

Jake isn’t really a central character, but I like him and have been assured that he will be happy, even though he’s not with Bella.

Overall, this story keeps my interest (and not just ‘cause of all the sex). I can’t wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon this today, and I have to say it has put a huge smile on my face, and added one more lovely element all the prompts life is throwing at me to get back to this story. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete