Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hydraulic Level 5 by Gondolier

Title: Hydraulic Level 5

Author: Gondolier

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4931075/1/Hydraulic_Level_5

Summary:Critics hailed Edward Cullen’s novels as “masterful” and "brimstone beauty"--a genius of our time. Eh. I gave him my heart when I was four…and still, he left me for his stupid vampire books. Now he's an NYC elite...and I have extreme sports in Forks, WA.

Rating: M

Readability - 10
Grammar - 10
Humor - 7
Fluffiness/Angst - 9
Fur-friendly (Jake love scale) – 10
Emo-sensitive (Edward love scale) – 5, 10
Smut – n/a
Sensuality - 7

Is this story complete? No

Did the reviewer finish reading the story? Up to latest update (chapter 29 at time of review)

*Spoilers follow*

This fic is really good and has a good bit of everything. It's pretty much Jakie neutral. He's a great friend to Bella, and there's a little Edward jealousy/animosity, but it really isn't that big a deal and the story focuses much more on the ExB relationship.

Edward. He is not perfect. The reason I gave the Edward love scale a 10 is because his actions are explained and once you understand, you can't really hold it against him.

The ExB relationship has real world problems, but they are working through them which is beautiful to read. I love how Gondolier takes real world relationship issues and lets the characters deal with them in very relatable ways.

Parting note: Leah is my favorite character in this fic. Hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment